Front Room of Wadsworth House Being Remodeled for New Alumni Club Room

Work Being Carried On for 100th Anniversary Celebration This Coming Fall

To supply a club room for alumni, the Front room in Wadsworth House is being remodelled. This work is being carried on in connection with the Tercentenary Celebration next fall.

The officers of the Alumni Association have their offices in Wadsworth House, and they are managing the renovations.

Members

Every man who has attended Harvard for one year and left in good standing, degree or no degree, is a member of the Harvard Alumni Association. If he is awarded a degree, he becomes a regular member; if not, an associate member. In either event, there are no dues, according to Henry C. Clark '11, secretary of the Association.

The work of the Association is varied. The secretary carries on a large correspondence with Harvard Clubs from New York to Peiping, with individual members of the 66,000 alumni, and even with anxious parents who want to know how little Johnny is doing.

Alumni Bulletin

One director has charge of the Alumni Bulletin, which, however, is incorporated separately. The Association sends speakers around to Harvard clubs all over the country many of which depend upon a speaker from the University for their continued existence. A man is sent to the West Coast at least every other year and several officers of the University speak at Harvard Clubs during the reading periods.

Chief Marshal

The chief marshal of the twenty-fifth year class is elected by the directors after an advisory vote of the class. On Comemncement afternoon the alumni get together and have their own celebration conducted by the Association. They are usually addressed by the President of the University, the Governor of Massachusetts, and some of the distinguished recipients of honorary degrees.

A president, Learned Hand '93; two vice-president, David Cheever '97, and Harrison Tweed '07; and a secretary-treasurer, Clark, govern the Association. The board of Directors consists of 15 men, six apopinted from the faculty and larger Harvard Clubs, and nine elected by postal ballot.