DAWSON SUCCEEDS REDFIELD AS HEAD OF BIOLOGICAL LAB

Houghton, Now President-Emeritus of Waynesburg College, Will Lecture on Sanskrit Next Half-Year

Alden B. Dawson, associate professor of Zoology has been appointed director of the Biological Laboratories succeeding Albert C. Redfield '14, professor of Physiology, whose resignation was effective this fall. Professor Redfield will continue his teaching duties.

Professor Dawson received his A.B. from Acadia University, Nova Scotia, and a Ph.D. from Harvard in 1918. Following graduation he taught at Mt. Allison University, New Brunswick, and at New York University until 1929, when he joined the Harvard faculty.

Other Appointments

As lecturer on Brief Making and Preparation of Cases at the Law School, Hugh D. McLellan, judge of the United States District Court of Massachusetts, has been named, to hold the position until September 1, 1936. Judge McLellan graduated from Colby in 1895, and took his LL.B. at Columbia after which he practiced law in Boston until 1932 when he received his post on the bench.

Herbert P. Houghton, professor of Greek and Sanskrit at Carleton College, Northfield Minnesota, will be lecturer on Avestan for the first half of the academic year 1936-37. Professor Houghton is a recognized authority in the fields of Archaeology, Greek, and Sanskrit, and has taught at Princeton, Amherst, and Waynesburg where he was president from 1916 to 1918.

Visiting lecturer on Philosophy during the second half of the academic year will be Ralph W Church, assistant professor of Philosophy at Cornell. Dr. Church received an A.M. from the University of California, and a D.Phil. from Oxford.