FESLER PRIMING TEAM FOR FIRST HOOP GAME

Basketball Squad of 30 to Be Cut to 15 Before B.U. Contest Next Wednesday When Team Open Season

Priming his basketball squad for its initial tilt of the season with Boston University next Wednesday, Coach Wes Fesler Will make his first cut Saturday, reducing the number of Varsity aspirants from about 30 to 15.

Following a series of practice games Saturday afternoon it which the different members of the squad will be given trial, Fesler will announce these who are to report to the Junior Varsity group Monday.

A suggestion of those who will survive the cut is found in Fesler's list of possible starters for the Boston University game. Heading the forwards is Capt. Leavitt White, followed by George Lowman, Louis McGowan, Ray Lavietes, and Bill Shirk. White and Lowman seen to be the two ranking men in this department at present. Bill Gray and Jack Herrick are the two contenders for the center post, while Jack Mason and Jack Dampeer head the list of guards. Wells, Snell, Moser, Stevenson, and Myer are other possible candidates for this position.

Those members of the Varsity squad who are retained will he put through stiff workouts early next week, for in Fesler's opinion the H. U. aggregation is no pushover, and he expects a "tough fight".