'38 RACQUET ARTISTS CONCLUDE TOURNAMENT

Newbold Conquers Ewell for Non-Team Title--College, University, and Law Tourneys in Final Rounds

Conquering John W. Ewell in the final round, Thomas Newbold wielded his way to victory in the Freshman Squash Tournament, open to all members of the class who have not played in a team match. Dropping the first game 15-4, Newbold sought revenge in the second by routing his opponent with the loss of only three points. The last game, which was a see-saw from the start, finally resulted in a 15-13 win for Newhold.

In the College Tournament, Dick Gilder and Stan Haskins will clash for the undergraduate title.

Jim Glidden, also of the Varsity, will meet John M. Hall 3L in the University Tournament finals. Glidden has had a brilliant record this winter, winning both the Massachusetts Open State and Intercollegiate Tournaments, and gaining the quarter-final round in the Nationals.

Hall is also a contender for the Law School crown, and will cross racquets with Charles T. Barnes 1L in the last match of the law tournament.