STRAUS TROPHY TO BE PRESENTED BY SYSTEM OF POINTS

In Major Sport, First Place Earns 100 Markers; in Minor, Only 80--Penalty For Defaulting Teams

Following the donation by Percy S. Straus '97 of a silver coffee urn for inter-House athletic competition in all sports, the Interhouse Athletic Committee has worked out a point system for scoring the results of the present year's competition.

Simultaneously the Committee named Perry J. Culver '37 Intramural manager and Treasurer of the House Athletic Fund. Culver is also assistant manager of the basketball team.

The point system divides the House Sports into a major series of football, squash, baseball, and crew, a minor series for all other team sports, and a special series for all tournaments. A House will receive 50 points for entering a major team, 35 for a major team, and none for the special teams. First place in a major sport adds 100 points, second 85, and the rest 70, 60, 50, 40, and 35.

In the minor sports, first place is worth 80 points, and the rest 65, 50, 40; 30, 25, 20, and 15. For special sports, 5 points will be awarded for last place, 10 for second last, and so on. For every team forfeit, when the team plays one game with each House, ten points will be deducted, or if an individual match, two points; when two games are played with each House per season, the points deducted are five and one respectively. The Committee will meet in a week to correct any errors in the system set forth.