SCOTT TAKES CARROLL CUP FOR THIRD TIME

Haviland, Webster, Campbell, Locke Win First in Other Four Races of Sculling Regatta

For the third consecutive year, George C. Scott grES annexed the Carroll Cup title Friday to climax the finals of the spring sculling regatta. Second was Hamilton Richards '37, who came from behind to nose out John A. Anderson, Jr. 3L, who had been leading the field for a quarter of a mile.

After turning in the best qualifying time for the novice singles on Thursday, Morrison C. Haviland '37 took first in the finals Friday, being clocked in 3 minutes, 31 seconds over the half-mile course. Frank A. West, Jr. 2GB trailed him for second.

In the narrow comps, Andrew G. Webster, II '37 and Andrew T. Nelson '37 finished first and second, in 3 minutes, 36 seconds. Henry W. Locke '38 and Selden T. Rodgers '36 finished in that order in the broad race, Locke's time being 3 minutes, 36 seconds. Tying for first in the wherry race were Hallock C. Campbell 3G and Harry R. Ames '38, who covered the course in 4 minutes, six seconds.