DRAMATIC CLUB PLAYS WELSH DRAMA TONIGHT

CURTAIN RISES AT 8.30 O'CLOCK ON SHOWS U. S. PREMIERE

When the curtain goes up at 8.30 o'clock tonight at Brattle Hall on the Welsh kitchen interior of Richard Hughes play "A Comedy of Good and Evil," it will mark both its American premier and the fiftieth production of the Harvard Dramatic Club.

Arthur Szathmary '37 will play the part of the Welsh clergyman, John Williams, while Miss Miriam Hurwitt will act the role of his wife, Minnie. A genuine wooden peg leg will form part of Miss Hurwitt's costume. Miss Lois Hall, dressed in girlish white, will appear as Gladys, the refined young evil spirit of the piece.

The supporting roles will be taken by Edward Streeter '36 as Scraggy Evan the Post, Robert McKee '37 as Owain Flatfish, Miss Betty Ruth Lawrence as Mari Jones, Miss Katherine Young as Mrs. Jones Bakehouse, Stephen Greene '37 as Timothy Ysgairnolwen, Howard Patch '38 as Mr. Gas Jones and Miss Agnes Love as Mrs. Resurrection Jones.

The club feels that this comedy will be a success, for when it was originally shown in London it received quite good notices.

Dramatic critics from the metropolitan newspapers and a reviewer from "Variety" will as usual, be present at the premiere.