LINGNAM COLLEGE MAKES BID FOR HARVARD MEN

$900 IS ESTIMATED AS TOTAL COST OF ACADEMIC YEAR

As a project in its Pacific international affairs activity, Phillips Brooks House is offering its services for students who desire to travel in the Orient.

An opportunity for Freshman and Sophomores in Harvard to spend a year of study at Lingnan University in southern China will be offered for the academic year 1935-36 through a special exchange student plan.

Since the price of tuition and room rent will be remitted to suitable students, the total cost of the project, including academic expenses and a roundtrip journey from the Pacific coast, is estimated at $700. An additional $200 is recommended for contingencies and travel in China.

In addition to a suitable scholastic record, qualifications for exchange students include participation in extracurricular activities, interest in interracial and international matters, and ability to participate in one or more sports.

All men wishing to avail themselves of this opportunity should communicate with Kendric N. Marshall '21, assistant in Government, at Mower A-11, or with Edward S. Amazeen '31, graduate secretary of Brooks House Association.

Academic credit may be secured at Harvard for this work at Lingnan. at the far end of the room.