LINCOLN IS PICKED TO PITCH AGAINST ELI THIS TUESDAY

Bulldog Moundsman Will Be Horton or Bernie Rankin, Who Held Harvard's Team Scoreless Last Year

When the Crimson nine takes the field at New Haven on Tuesday, Coach Fred Mitchell's star hurler Bill Lincoln will probably be on the mound.

If Lincoln can follow the example set last year by Captain Eddie Loughlin in setting down the Elis 3-2, Harvard will cinch second place in Eastern competition regardless of how the Bulldog and Tiger make out against each other tomorrow.

Ted Horton, sophomore, or Bernie Rankin, the versatile veteran, who trimmed the Crimson 2-0 here last year, will be on the mound for the Connecticut team.

Though at present one and a half games behind Harvard, this year's Blue is a dangerous all-around aggregation. Second in team batting, its average is 306, 11 points ahead of the Crimson, while it stands second and two points ahead in team fielding.

Captain Preston Woodlock is third in the League with a batting average of 406, while Horton's record of four wins and two losses put him in the same spot in pitcher's annals.

Tomorrow the nine moves to Medford for a return engagement with Tufts who already have one win over the Crimson to their credit.

Mitch has a wide range of twirling ability ready for the game. His choice will probably rest on Dick Walsh, who tamed the Bruin here Wednesday and may see service in the Cambridge game with Yale, Drib Braggiotti, or Tom Bilodeau, slugging first baseman.