PRESIDENT CONANT TO ADDRESS CLASS OF '39

Dean Leighton to Preside at Meeting in Union--Coolidge, Sperry Also on Program

Harvard's tercentenary class receives its official welcome to undergraduate life at 7.30 tonight in the Union, when President Conant and other officials of the University will address it at the reception in the large dining hall. A buffet supper in the downstairs common room will precede the addresses.

The other speakers on the program will include Charles Allerton Coolidge, Jr. '17, a member of the Corporation; and the Reverend Willard Learoyd Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School. Delmar Leighton 19, Dean of the Freshmen, will preside.

Although the meeting is not compulsory, Freshmen will do well to avail themselves of this opportunity to learn of the history and traditions of Harvard College from men who have watched it through many stages of its development.

Despite the stiff back he will have received from sitting wedged among his contemporaries on the floor, despite the weight of chicken a la king reposing in his stomach, the homeward bound Freshman will have a distinct feeling of stimulation and of pleasurable anticipation for the future.