The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

FOOTBALL TURNOUT IN HOUSES IS STILL WEAK

Greater Number of Applicants Signs When Bible and Shakespeare Exams Are Over

Except for Winthrop, Kirkland, and Eliot Houses, intramural football seems to be particularly unattractive this season. On the Freshman field yesterday, Coach McIntosh of Lowell House put his two-man team through a rigorous practice of bewildering reverses and smashes while Dunster, Adams, and Leverett amused themselves by playing a hybrid combination of touch football and basketball. Winthrop and Kirkland Houses alone were seriously practicing organized plays.

The coaches, however, do not feel discouraged, but are looking forward to the inevitable out in the unusually large Varsity squad. Yesterday the scarcity of players was largely due to the Bible and Shakespeare examinations. Two days ago only 70 signed up, whereas 100 are now on the list.

The intramural schedule has not yet been made up, but the first game will be on Wednesday, October 9.

Coaches of the Houses are: Kirkland, Bernard D. White '32; Eliot, Charles R. Huldart, Dartmouth '34; Winthrop, Robert S. Brookings '35; Dunster, Robert M. Bilder, Williams '33; Adams, Donald L. Hassenfratz, Columbia '34; Leverett, Arthur D. Baker, Pennsylvania '34; Lowell, Donald K. McIntosh; Dudley Hall, Charles E. Pettee '30.