Freshmen to Receive Free Exam Reviews Covering Five Courses

Government Instructors Will Aid Students Reviewing for Mid-Year

Free mid-year reviews for several Freshman courses have been arranged by the Union Committee during the next few days, it was revealed last night. A complete program of these reviews will be posted at the Union as they are arranged.

The committee, in proposing the reviews at their last meeting Friday night, expressed the belief that a large number of men felt that a review to tie up the work was a desirable part of the educational system, and that many men could not afford the exceedingly high prices charged by the tutoring schools.

Dean Leighton has agreed to allow these reviews, provided the permission of the head of the course has been obtained. At the present time this permission has been granted for Biology A, Biology D, Physics C and Philosophy B.

The following official statement was given out last night on History 1: "History 1 feels that a certain amount of review work has been accomplished by the chronological charts and the reviews in the section meetings, and in view of the fact that the exam comes this Thursday and all possible candidates to give the review are already cognizant of the exam, it is felt it cannot give the review, but it is sympathetic with the idea".

Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government, will not sponsor the same sort of review in Government 1, but he said he would ask his instructors to make themselves available to aid students in their review work.

The Biology D review has been arranged and will be held at a time and place to be announced at the Union shortly. There is a reasonable chance that permission will be obtained in Chemistry A.

The Union Committee is holding these reviews purely as an experiment to see if possibly this may be the solution to the tutoring school problem and the opinions of members of the class would be appreciated.