M.I.T. WILL HOLD OLYMPIC FENCING TOURNAMENT

OLYMPIC COACHES WILL GIVE EPEE AND SABRE EXHIBITION

Arriving from all directions, the ranking swordsmen of the nation will gather at M.I.T. Saturday to take part in a major tryout for the 1936 Olympics. This fencing tournament is to be the largest ever staged in this country. At 3 o'clock on Saturday the competition will open in the Walker Memorial with the preliminary foils bouts.

Finals In Evening

That evening the finals in the foils will be followed by an exhibition in the sword and sabre by the Olympic coaches. A dance for all contestants caps the day's program.

On the basis of this bout and of the national contests to be held in April, the Olympic squad, already cut from 20 to 13 after three preliminary meets, will be further reduced to six. Contestants not on the present squad have an opportunity to gain a hearth through this tournament.

Two alumni will participate in the tryout Saturday: John G. Hurd '34, of Auburn, Call. (Intercollegiate Champion in his Senior year), and Gilbert Kerlin '33 of Moorstown, N. J.

Also representing the club are: William T. Pocora of Cambridge (Intercollegiate Champion in 1933), and Joseph L. Lewis of Dorchester (ranking national champion.)

Peroy in Bout

As an Olympic coach Mr. Peroy will take part in the exhibition fencing Saturday evening.

Special rates have been arranged for students of the University and of M.I.T. They will be given tickets to the tournament for $1.00 instead of $2.00 upon showing their hursar's cards.