Union Boat Club Squash Aces Defeat Varsity Racquet Men

Dorson, Clark Victors for Varsity as Gilder and Sulloway Lose

Five fast Union Boat Club racqueteers edged a University squash team 3-2, Monday afternoon. The match between the number one men. Germaine G. Glidden '36 and R. Wakeman of the Union Boat Club, was postponed until later in the week.

J. L. Ware of the U. B. C. fought his way to a win in five hard games over Richard W. Gilder '36 by scores of: 15-11, 8-15, 18-16, 16-17, and 15-8. H. K. Cross garnered another close win for the Boat Club by defeating Alvah W. Sulloway '38, 6-15, 15-12, 4-15, and 15-12.

In a match marked by consistent playing, W. C. Bowditch chalked up the last victory for the U. B. C., defeating Conald E. Jackson '37 by scores of 15-12, 11-15, 15-13, 15-12. After that the Crimson squad took the lead.

Richard M. Derson '37 wielded a handy racquet to eke out it win from W. F. Howe, Jr. (U. R. C.); 17-16, 17-14, 13-15, 15-10. John L. Clark '36 took the final match from Lothrop Withington 8-15, 15-9, 12-15, 16-14, and 13-17.