EXTRA SESSION OPENS AT BUSINESS SCHOOL

66 Men Registered From 19 States for Session Which Continues Through Summer

Drawing men from 19 states the Extra Session of the regular first-year courses of the Business School opened last week with 86 men registered. This number is the same as registered last year, and is four ahead of the 1934 total. Men entering at this time will continue their classes through the summer, and then be eligible to enter the second year class in September.

Many States Represented

Geographical distribution of the new students is wide, with 19 states, Hawaii, the District of Columbia, and two foreign countries represented. Among the states, Massachusetts leads with 13 men, followed by New York with seven, and Michigan, California, and North Carolina, claiming four each.

Harvard has nine graduates among the Extra Session men, and of the 33 other colleges represented, Stanford has four, Dartmouth three, and California, Notre Dame, and Texas, two each.

Session Begun Three Years Ago

Begun three years ago as a convenience to men who were unable to enter the Business School at the regular time in September, the Extra Session has steadily grown in popularity. About one-tenth of the men in the Extra Session are over 30 years of ago, and usually have had previous business experience. Men who graduate from colleges which operate on the "quarter" plan instead of the "somester" plan are enabled to begin graduate work without loss of time.