Local Derivation of Cadet Mule Leaves Sympathies of West Point Cadet in Doubt

"Formative Years" Spent Under Yale Influence but Has Yen for Truth

"You may be assured that the mule will be brunet in type and of a calm and equitable dispesition, but we cannot guarantee where its sympathies will lie."

That's the West Point mascot, the old army mule from Fort Devens, Mass, which arrives at the Soldiers Field stables this morning in the care of its usual two attendants.

According to the 13th Intantry colonel who sent Harvard the animal plus credentials, it's a custom to have a local beast, and apparently nobody ever knows which side it will cheer for.

Several years ago a mule cheered for M.I.T. much to the embarrassment of its keepers until they discovered it was a joke being perpetrated by some Harvard students.

A full biography of the animal says that the "formative years" of its life was spent under the influence of a certain colonel who had played football for Yale in the 1900's, but recently under new official command and stimulated by Tercentenary enthusiasm its thoughts have led "away from the heresies of New Haven and into the paths of Truth." Consequently its "mind will be unsettled and its interests conflicting."

It may on the other hand cheer for the Cadets.