TORCHLIGHT PARADE TO PRECEDE CRIMSON--ELI DEBATE AT NEW HAVEN

HARVARD WILL UPHOLD G.O.P. NEW DEAL AT YALE

A pre-election demonstration at Yale featured by a torch-light procession will precede the Harvard-Yale debate at New Haven six days before the election, on Wednesday, October 28 when the two teams will discuss the subject "Resolved: That this House favors the election of Governor Alfred M. Landon as President of the United States." A crowd of 400 Yale undergraduates and others are expected to attend the debate there.

At the same time there will be a debate in Cambridge on the same subject. Harvard will take the affirmative in Cambridge and the negative at New Haven.

No demonstration will be held here, and the debate will take place in one of the Common Rooms of the Houses. It is expected that there will be a large number of people attracted here because of the controversial nature of the subject.

The team that is to uphold the affirmative at Harvard and suggest reasons for Landon's election will be Richard W. Sullivan '38, of Caribou, Maine; Donald McDonald '39 of Omaha, Nebraska; and Robert W. Bean '39, of Council Bluffs, Iowa.

The team speaking on the negative and defending Roosevelt at Yale is composed of Edward J. Duggan '37 of Chelsea; Joseph Healey '38, of Cambridge, and John A. Sullivan, Jr. '38, of Brookline.

The sophomore speakers were active members of the freshman debating society last year. The juniors and seniors are veterans of the Debating Council. John Sullivan is secretary of the Council.

Both teams will be entertained at dinner preceding the debates.