Fesler Greets 25 Varsity And 30 Freshman Recruits

Basketball Practice Starts Monday for 18 Game Season

With 25 Varsity candidates and 30 Freshmen present at a preliminary meeting in the Varsity Club, the 1936-37 season of Harvard Basketball got underway. Plans were announced to start the Varsity (fall) practice under the direction of Charles Kollinites '35, J. V. Coach, next Monday afternoon at 5 o'clock in the indoor building and to continue three days a week until November 16 when the regular season practices will commence. All of the Freshmen will meet Monday at 3 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium.

Wes Fesler, Varsity Coach greeted the men and discussed the 13 game schedule Harvard has for this year. He also emphasized the growth of Basketball spirit in Harvard. Captain Gray showed how the Crimson had a good chance of winning the league this year because the other teams were weakened, whereas Harvard lost only one man and had a strong Freshmen squad coming up from last year. Among the verterans were: Bill Gray '37, Captain; George Lowman '38, Leav White '37, Louis McGowen '38, Jack Dampeer '38, Vern Struck '38, and Art Snell '38.

Manager Culver pointed out that any other men who were not at the meeting and who were interested in Basketball would be welcomed at the gym next Monday afternoon