300TH FUND WILL GO ON UNDER GUIDANCE OF NEW COMMITTEE

Little, Blagden to Supervise Office in New York--Relation With Harvard Fund as Yet Uncertain

That the Tercentenary Fund is not dead or closed, but will continue at least for another year, was learned last night from authorities at University Hall.

How long it will continue has not been decided but it was expected that "further substantial subscriptions will be received" from all those "interested in keeping in touch with the development of the University's new plans."

The general Alumni Committee, headed by George Peabody Gardner, Jr. '10, will discontinue its activities. The work of keeing the Fund alive will be done by a committee not yet named, and an office in New York will be opened under the charge of David M. Little '18, assistant director of the Tercentenary, and Francis M. Bladgen '09.

The relationship between the Harvard Fund and the 300th Anniversity Fund has not yet been straightened out. Until December 31, 1936 all unrestricted gifts will be credited to the Tercentenary Fund. No information could be secured as to whether or not this practice will continue next year.

The purposes of the 300th Fund are to gain money for the University Professorships and for the National Scholarships originated by President Conant. Thus far a total of $5,514,192.96 has been donated under this Fund but of this $2,000,000 was for the Littauer School of Public Administration. The need for Unrestricted money is felt to be still a pressing one by University Hall, and it is hoped through the continuation of this Fund to keep up the interest of the graduates in progress of National Scholarships and University Professorships.

Official spokesmen for the College were explicit in stating that no campaigning was contemplated in keeping the 300th Fund alive, merely hoping that the momentum of the September Celebration would carry it on.