GLEE CLUB WILL JOIN YALE IN NEXT CONCERT

Sixty Men Will Represent Largest Club in History at New Haven Next Friday

Sixty members of the Glee Club will present a joint concert with Yale on Friday, evening, November 20. They will open the program with the dancing "Fire, Fire, my Heart" by Morley, then will offer two student choruses from the "Madrigal Comedies" by Banchieri, one sprightly and the other lyrically sentimental. The third selection is by Gluck--two choruses and ballet from "Orpheus". Finally the Glee Club will join with Yale in the rousing strains of the "March of the Peers" from the Gilbert and Sullivan production, "Iolanthe".

Yale's number will be interspersed among these.

Leaving the South Station on a special train at 2 o'clock on the afternoon of the concert, the Glee Club will arrive at New Haven in time for a rehearsal in Woolsey Hall at 5.30 o'clock. The concert is at 8 o'clock.

Largest Glee Club in History

Retaining 225 men after the quartet trials, the Glee Club boasts the largest membership in its history. Three hundred aspirants appeared at the initial rehearsal, 245 took quartet trials, and only 20 of these failed to get in.

This club is not only the largest but also one of the best in recent years. With voice ratings ranging from 70 to 81 on an arbitrary basis, only 15 of the men who have sung before this year fell below 75; and 22 second bases got a mark of 78 or better.