FRESHMAN ELEVEN MEETS YALE THIS AFTERNOON

Yearlings Slight Under-Dogs as They Tangle With Elis in Encounter at New Haven at 2:00 O'Clock

Entering the Bowl a slight underdog, the Freshman football team will encounter a defensively strong Yale eleven in New Haven this afternoon at 2 o'clock.

Coach Henry Lamar feels, however, that he will be able to field the best team possible against the Elis, although the Yardlings have been hampered in recent weeks by injuries.

On paper there is very little to choose between the two elevens. The Bulldogs lost to Worcester Academy and Andover, while beating Exeter and ticing Princeton. Harvard, on the other hand, lost to both Exeter and Andover, but tied Worcester.

The Crimson have turned up no super-stars during the season, but has a number of very fine players, from whom much may be heard in later years. In the line Captain Tom Healy and Carrick Heiskell have been outstanding both offensively and defensively, while the swivel-hipped runs of Quarterback Torbert Macdonald have caused the opposition many anxious moments.

Coach Lamar will start the following team: ends, Devine and Maguire; tackles, Armstrong and Healy; guards, Heiskell and Thompson; center, Bird; backs, Macdonald, Sargeant, C. Curtis, and Bailey.