HEMENWAY GYM PROVES SUCCESS AS OVER 300 STUDENTS ATTEND THERE

FACILITIES OFFERED FOR BOXING AND HANDBALL

Three hundred men, mostly Freshmen, Law Students, and Professors, are now regularly using the facilities of the Hemenway Gymnasium. The building was closed all last year but was reopened this fall with Howard Cox as its newly appointed director. Cox, a graduate of Carthage College, and a major letter-winner there in football and basketball, was backfield coach for the Freshman football team and scout for the Varsity last year.

Calisthenics Class

As director of Hemenway he will be coach of the second Freshman basketball team, conduct the games for compulsory Freshman exercise and lead a calisthenics class from 5 o'clock to 6 each afternoon. The calisthenics class will be much the same as the one conducted last winter primarily for crewmen, with the exercises being done to the accompaniment of music. Tom Bolles, the new crew coach, has urged all his men to attend these classes.

Freshman Basketball

At present all Freshmen hoopsters are working out under Cox, but he has not as yet had a chance to really size the players up. Those who have, however, shown talent are C. A. Legg, Jr., star Exeter player, Glenn Frank, Jr., Groton graduate who gained his experience in Wisconsin, and R. S. White of Evanston, Illinois. After the football season the squad will be cut and the first group will move to the Indoor Athletic Building under the coaching of Adolph W. Samborski '25.