Princeton Men Sacrifice a Scant Two Pints to Bacchus During Stadium Game

Goal Posts Badly Whittled Away by Souvenir Seekers Who Had to Forego Post-Game Fight

That President Harold W. Dodds' edict two weeks ago on drinking in the stands was either unnecessary, or has been very carefully observed, or else that Princeton men never throw away the bottle anyway, was revealed yesterday afternoon when the weekly post-game clean-up of the Stadium was completed. Only four bottles were found under the concrete section on the Princeton side, while 216 were found under the Harvard cheering sections and roughly twenty and ten under the Crimson and Princeton parts of the wooden stands respectively.

The four lone bottles credited to Princeton show that President Dodds' request must have had some effect. No other team this fall, or for many years, has ever left such a small and shoddy monument to its entertainment by fair Harvard, as Princeton's two pint botties and the robust quart. Amherst, Brown, and Dartmouth all left approximately twenty-five times as many dead men, that is, about 100. In all of these games Harvard's consumption was apparently far below what greeted the Tiger, for the arrival of the Nassau delegation upped the Crimson empties by about fifty per cent.

Ever since repeal the gruesome Monday ceremony (attended by two maintenance men with rakes and sacks) of collecting and burning all the odds and ends left on the field, under the stands, and on the seats, has grown less and less arduous. Bottles are placed in the middle of the huge pile of programs and labels burned off. Amid the popping of corks and the vaporization of many dregs, the maintenance men lean on their rakes and size up the visiting team from the size and quality of its "bottled goods."

"It's nothing to what is was in the good old days--'27 and '28, actually truckloads of bottles and big ones, too, were picked up every Monday. The boys have been easing up since repeal and this fall it's only a couple of sacks," volunteered an old-time stadium hanger-on.

The goal posts left standing Saturday also showed a unique change from their Monday morning condition in former years. They were badly whittled away, and decidedly weak on their foundations, but no effort had been made to take them down or to do more than get a "souvenir of the game." Due to the extant of the whittling, new uprights, costing $25, had to be put up.

Suggestion has been made that the installment of new disappearing goal posts be made by the H.A.A. Many people have been hurt by goal post riots in other colleges and the use of the new disappearing markers makes this impossible.