Newly Formed Lowell House Science Society Hears Speech on Atmosphere

First Organization of Its Kind Formed By Scientists In House

Over 30 members and guests attended the first meeting of the Lowell House Scientific Society at Lowell House last night. The scientists had dinner at a reserved table and then adjourned to the Common room to hear Professor Carl G. Rossby of the M.I.T. Department of Meteorology speak on "The Circulation of the Atmosphere".

The Society is the first house organization of scientists and is limited to men living in Lowell House. Arrangements have been made for Lowell House members to sign interhouse eating slips and all men interested in science are welcome at the dinners and meetings.

Formed by House Members

The Society was formed by members of the House who are interested in science and the first meeting was arranged by Wesley L. Fursio '37, Thomas L. Perry '37, and Adontram J. Wells '38.

Professor Rossby's talk was of special interest to flyers as well as to scientists and is an example of the type of talk of general interest as well as scientific merit that will be presented.

Everyone Welcome

Men who are interested and expect to attend the meetings in the future are requested to leave their names in the mail box of Lowell House Q-21. The Society plans to have a series of meetings and all members of the other Houses are invited.