'GUARDIAN,' SOCIAL SCIENCE MAGAZINE, WILL APPEAR SOON

Langer, Mason, Lewis, Phelps Fainsod, Holcombe, and Galbraith On Faculty Committee

Publication of a new undergraduate magazine, the "Harvard Guardian," a review devoted to History, Government, and Economics, will begin in March, it was learned last night.

Second new periodical to be started this month, the "Guardian" will attempt to combine "readability with scholarly work," in the words of its editors, Frank P. Davidson '39 and George S. Viereck, Jr. '39.

The review will contain articles concerning the social sciences, book reviews, editorials, and letters, written largely by undergraduates, and at least one faculty article a month, the editors stated. Between six and eight issues will be published during the academic year, and the subscription rate was tentatively set at $2.00.

The editors are planning to raise about $300 for initial expenses by selling charter subscriptions at $5 each and also by contributions. During the Christmas vacation an effort to secure alumni backing will be made.

Besides Viereck and Davidson, an undergraduate committee has been formed as the first editorial beard of the new publication, and a committee of faculty advisers, composed of Merle Fainsod, instructor in Government. John K. Galbraith, instructor in Economics, Arthur N. Rolcombe '06, professor

of Government, William, L. Lauger '16, Coolidge Professor of History, Geoffrey W. Lowis '32, Assistant Dean of the College, Edward S. Mason, associate professor of Economics, and Reginald H. Phelps '30, Assistant in History and in German are sponsoring the "Harvard Guardian.