FRESHMAN PUCKSTERS BEAT RINDGE TECH 8-0

Yardling Swimmers Open Season With Lynn Tonight; Basketball Team to Meet Milton

Opening the season against Rindge Tech at the Boston Garden on Monday afternoon, the 1940 hockey team showed a superior brand of play in winning 8-0.

Teaming up with great success the Yardlings scored early and often, and provided Coach Hodder with an opportunity to use all his players.

High scoring honors for the Crimson went to Victor Francis who garnered three goals and assisted in three others. The forward line of Gorham, Winslow, and Erwin showed much speed, and with more practice should become a high scoring unity. The defense, Francis and Dan Roosevelt, proved steady in breaking up attacks as well as assisting in the scoring. Hard checking by Roosevelt contributed in stopping threats of Rindge.

The reserves proved stronger than expected and give promise of a well balanced team. The game with Milton Academy, scheduled for this afternoon, has been postponed because of no ice.

Swimming Meet Tonight

The freshmen mermen will open their season this evening against Lynn Y.M.C.A. at the swimming pool in the Indoor Athletic Building at 8 o'clock tonight.

Among those competing are Bill Kendall, a member of last summer's Australian Olympic team, swimming in the 50 yard free style and 200-yard relay; Harry Southwick in the 100-yard back stroke and 150-yard medley, Henry Curwen in the 100 and 200-yard free style, and Bob Urquart in the 200-yard free style and relay.

Hoopsters Meet Milton

The 1940 basketball team will meet Milton Academy at Milton at 3 o'clock this afternoon. The starting line up includes Bird, Bakst, Humes, Kothe, and White.