STUDENT COUNCIL VOTES $2500 FOR BROOKS HOUSE AID

Freshman Committee Also to Sponsor Christmas Party for Poor Children Of Cambridge

Following the custom of several years' standing, the Student Council voted a preliminary sum of $2,500 to Phillips Brooks House at a regular bi-weekly meeting held in University Hall last night.

Formerly, P.B.H. was accustomed to make its own drive for funds, but eventually the House made an agreement with the Council whereby the latter would make the only collection and would pay the former a set sum. The Council constitution calls for the payment of 45 per cent of the money collected, but never less than $2,500 or more than $4,000. The Council will probably give an additional sum to the House depending on how well the pledges are collected.

Brooks House uses the money for its ordinary administrative expenses, including office expense and the running of all the charitable activities of the House.

14 Freshmen Will Cover Yard

At its second meeting the Freshman Committee of the P.B.H. appointed fourteen men to cover the Yard dormitories in the old clothing drive which will begin next week.

The following Freshmen will canvass the Yard; Holworthy Hall, James M. Mixter; Thayer Hall, Arthur W. Page, Jr., and Frank S. Streeter; Weld Hall, Walter D. Riddle, Jr.; Stoughton Hall, John I. Mohler; Hollis Hall, Langdon B. Gilkey; Lionel and Mower Halls, Christian M. Lauritzen, Jr.

Straus Hall, Bartow Kelly; Matthews Hall, Vinton A. Dearing; Grays Hall, Rodman Gilder, Jr.; Massachusetts Hall, Peter E. Pratt; Wigglesworth Hall, Douglas Mercer and James W. Palm; the Union, Walter I. Ridder.