NO LOWELL HOUSE PARTY IS PLANNED DURING THIS YEAR

Big Dinner for Parents Who Live Near Boston Will Be Held in February or Early March

There will be no Lowell House party for parents similar to last year's affair held this year it was learned yesterday from Julian Lowell Coolidge '95, professor of Mathematics, and Master of Lowell House.

After last year's party, held during the Easter recess in April, it was undecided whether to renew the event this year. However, it was felt that, in view of the labor required, it would be better to stage the gathering only once in three years, thus allowing the parents of every member of the House at least one opportunity of seeing a House "in action."

Professor Coolidge announced that in place of the House party, there would be a dinner given for parents residing in the vicinity of Boston, sometime late in February, or early in March.

Thus the counterpart of the event which drew some 80 parents from all over the country to live in Lowell House for three days, will not be duplicated until 1938 at the earliest.

Features of last year's party included lectures by members of the faculty explaining various phases of the University, tours of the College, and a final banquet in the dining hall.

Professor Coolidge was the originator of the idea, and no other House has so far given evidence of adopting the scheme.