CRIMSON SKIERS TAKE SEVENTH AT HANOVER

Shaw Eighth in Downhill; Carter Ninth in Slalom -- Brooks and Emerson Jump 28 Meters

Seventh place in the cross country race ruined the Crimson's chances for a good showing in the skiing events of the 26th annual Dartmouth carnival. Despite fourths in the downhill, slalom, and jumping, seventh in the meet was the best they could do.

The downhill race was held over the short, fairly fast Hazen Hill course, in which Bob Shaw led his team mates by taking eighth place.

Dave Emerson handed in the best showing in the 14-mile cross country grind by taking twenty-seventh place. Shaw broke his skis and was unable to finish, while another member of the team lost his way in the wilds and did not get in until after dark.

Carter Ninth in Slalom

Saturday, in the slalom event, Captain Carter took ninth to lead the Crimson contenders and give the team fourth place.

Peter Brooks and Emerson continued their steady jumping performances, both doing 28 meters as their best jump, to get in the first 15, with Emerson leading Brooks by a hair. Carter had a best jump of 26 meters, while Shaw followed with one of 19 meters.