Questionnaire for Confidential Guide Issued to All Freshmen

Replies Will Be Gathered After Lunch and Dinner in Ballot Box at Door

In order that the Confidential Guide for next fall will be as accurate and helpful as possible, a questionnaire on courses will be distributed today in the Union at lunch and dinner. This questionnaire contains requests for information on each of the full courses now being taken and on the half courses taken during the first semester. The CRIMSON urges all Freshmen to aid in the formulation of the coming Guide by contributing their considered criticism by means of this questionnaire.

A single sheet will be provided for each course and subdivisions will give opportunity for specific comments on the ability of the lecturer, the lecture material, the section men, assignments, etc. If possible, Freshmen are urged to fill out the sheets in the Union, dropping it in a box at the door when they leave the dining room.

The entire value of the Guide lies in presenting accurate undergraduate opinion, based on a broad, as well as impartial tabulation of the impressions made by each course upon those who take it. Unless sufficient replies are received to guarantee an unprejudiced, average judgment, the Guide is misleading, as well as useless. It is therefore hoped that all Freshmen will deal with at least three of their courses, giving attention to the less populous ones such as Spanish and Chemistry as well as those of the History 1 and German A magnitude.

The suggested subdivisions for comments follow: 1, Lecturer; 2, Lecture Material; 3, Section Men; 4, Textbooks; 5, Assignments; 6, Examinations; 7, Would you prefer sections organized on a mark basis, all "B" men together, and so on? Beside these questions, any other comments, pertinent and constructive, will be appreciated and do much to make the Guide more valuable to the Class of 1940.