Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

THE MAIL

Ed. Note-The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous letters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer, will names be withheld. Only letters under 400 words can be printed on account of space limitations.) Editors of the Crimson: Dear Sirs:-

We submit that your recent editorial on the Hanfstaengl gift did not give a clear statement of the University's obligation, which was to accept. We do not question the action of President Conant in refusing Dr. Hanfstaengl's original offer; and we have no doubt that the recent form letter sent him was a blunder. However, Dr. Hanfstaengl's reply, made in good faith, rendered a second refusal impossible.

If a graduate is urged to contribute to Harvard, he has a right to expect that his gift will be accepted. And acceptance was the only graceful retreat possible from the dilemma. This ungraciousness of the University has been largely overlooked, due to the extent and violence of anti-Nazi feeling. This attitude, if allowed to dominate University policy at the expense of logic and manners, is just as unbalanced and overemotional as the behavior which is criticized so sharply in the Nazis. A. M. Sherwood, 3rd '36   H. S. Whiteside, '34

David James Evans, Jr. '39, of Boston, Funeral services at the Arlington Street Church, Tuesday at 12 o'clock.