Probable Snow Forecast for Today Bids for Good Skiing

Trains to Lincoln, Littleton, North Conway, and Adams

Old Man Winter of the Boston Transcript reports that this weekend will be one of the biggest of the winter sports season. Everything is happening at once, with the ski team entering four championships, and the snow trains making a web over New England.

The weather forecast for today is increasing cloudiness, followed by snow in the late afternoon and night, with slowly rising temperatures in southern New England. This snow should give a good powder surface so that skiers would not have to navigate on the hard crust caused by the thaw.

Many Weekend Trains

The snow has lasted out well so that on the top of Mt. Washington there is 16 inches, while at the bottom the depth is four feet. In western Massachusetts there is an average of two feet of snow, while at Laconia, where the New Hampshire Third Class Championship races are being held, the depth is three feet.

Weekend trains are going to Lincoln, Littleton, and Lancaster, and North Conway and Intervale, in New Hampshire. On Sunday the Boston and Maine is sending a train to North Adams, while the Boston and Albany has one going to Adams.