PUCKSTERS TAKE BRAEBURN SEXTET 16-6 IN FAST GAME

First Line, Without Captain Moseley, Stars, Third Line Is Improved; Game Saturday Will Be Test

Showing a reversal of form over their performance of two weeks ago, the Varsity pucksters last night overwhelmed Braeburn 16-6 in a fast practice game on Braeburn ice.

First Harvard Line Stars

Except for Captain Freddy Moseley, all the players who will entrain for Montreal this evening had a hand in the speedy game which saw the individual work of the experienced Braeburn players completely outclassed by the fast teamwork of the Stubbsmen. The first line, with Art Duffey in place of Freddy Moseley, starred for the undergraduates, while Elliott T. Putnam, Jr. '30 and John P. Chase '28, both former Harvard captains, did the best work for the losers.

Third Line Improved

The Harvard third line, with Al Dewey at center, Ben Hallowell and Mike Hovenanian at the wing positions, showed the improvement consistent with a week of heavy practice, and will be on trial for the next couple of weeks as a possible high-powered attack unit.

Bob Waldinger, in the net for Braeburn, must have felt like the swinging target in a shooting gallery, for the Braeburn team, without substitutes to relieve them, were unable to stand up under the power of fresh Harvard attacks, and the goalie was continually peppered with bullet shots. Dick Claflin, on the other hand, did a good job on the Harvard defensive protecting Ash Emerson from the shots of the clubmen.

Freshmen Take St. Marks 3-2

Playing at Southborough yesterday afternoon, the Freshmen skaters downed St. Marks 3-2 in an overtime game. Captain Austie Harding scored three goals, one being an error for the opponents, while Pete Stone netted the winning tally in the overtime period.

Coach Clark Hodder will take three lines, four defensemen and two goalies when the Yardlings leave today for Concord to tackle St. Pauls School in a game Saturday morning. The schoolboys have a strong aggregation, having defeated the Yale Freshmen 1-0.