DEAN CLIFFORD QUITS SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING

Resigns After 27 Years as Professor in Harvard; Harry Rowe Mimno Will Serve as Acting Dean

Harry Ellsworth Clifford, Dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Engineering and Gordon McKay Professor of Electrical Engineering since 1909, has announced his resignation, effective September 1, 1936. He will become Professor Emeritus. Dean Clifford is on sabbatical leave during the current half-year.

From 1895 to 1909 Dean Clifford was at Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the Department of Theoretical and Applied Electricity. In 1909 he came to Harvard to accept the Gordon McKay Professorship; he has been Dean of the School of Engineering since 1930. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a member of the Illuminating Engineering Society.

Harry Rowe Mimno, A.M. '26, Assistant Professor of Physics and Communication Engineering, will serve as acting Dean of the Engineering School and Acting Chairman of the Division of Engineering Sciences during the second half of 1935-36. Dr. Mimno joined the Harvard teaching staff in 1929; besides his Master's Degree he received an E.E. from Rensselaer in 1921 and a Ph.D. from Harvard in 1932.