COACH HAS CUT READY FOR DIAMOND DUSTERS

FRESHMAN NINE ALSO TO JOURNEY SOUTH IN RECESS

With a cut in store today Coach Fred Mitchell's Varsity ballhawks round the final turn in their race to wards the season opener at Fordham on Wednesday, April 1,

As usual, this year the team will make a tour south during the Easter recess. In addition to Fordham, scheduled opposition will be provided by Dickinson, Pennsylvania, and on Saturday, April 4, Temple.

Ingalls in Opener

Coming along nicely in indoor practice, Ed Ingalls, Sophomore twirler, should get the opening call at New York.

The Penn diamond will probably see the initial 1936 appearance of Dick Walsh, Junior and expected mainstay of the staff, who will be endeavoring to put the Crimson in the winning column in its first league encounter. George Tittman may handle one of the other two tilts.

Four Games for Freshmen

Coach Samborski's Freshman nine also turns southward with games at Gilman, St. Albans, Staunton, and Mercersburg, the first on Tuesday, March 31.

As with the Varsity, about 18 men are planned to take the trip. Though no very definite line on the Yardlings can be had until they get out of doors, pitchers who appear up in the van at this time are Harold M. Curtiss, Jr., and Harold N. Edinberg.