PACKARD TO HEAD GROUP FOR CHOICE OF 300TH SPEAKER

Two Upperclassmen and One Freshman Will Be Chosen by Packard, Mattis, and Young

Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, Assistant Professor of Public Speaking will head the committee to select two undergraduate speakers for the Tercentenary Celebration, the Undergraduate Committee announced last night.

Packard, assisted by N. W. Mattis and Robert Young of the Public Speaking Department, will select two men from a competition open to all present Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors. The winners of the competition will speak on the Associated Harvard Clubs program which will be broadcast throughout the world over an international hookup.

George Gore '34 and Ned Hickey '34, who have been in charge of debating at the Union this year, will select the third speaker from the Freshman Class. The three speeches by undergraduates will occupy about forty-five minutes and will represent three distinct angles of the present undergraduate life, the Freshman year, athletics, and general undergraduate life.

C. Colmery Gibson '37 is in charge of selecting candidates and will be at the CRIMSON between 7 and 8 o'clock evenings until Friday to interview men interested in entering the competition, which will take place on Thursday, April 9.