The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

WADE - BOYLSTON PRIZE FINALS WILL BE HELD TONIGHT

Total of $17 to Be Given Winners; $50 From Lee Wade Prize of 1915, Rest From Boylston Memorial of 1817

Ten undergraduates will compete tonight in the finals of the annual competition for the Lee Wade and Boylston Prizes for Elocution. The meeting will be at 8 o'clock in John Knows Paine Hall, in the Music Building, and will be open to the public without charge.

The names of the competitors and the selections which they will recite are:

John W. Lagsdin '37: "The Good-Neighbors Policy," by Franklin D. Roosevelt '04; Paul Killiam, Jr. '37: Excerpt from "The Magnetic Mountain," by Cecil Day-Lewis; Edward J. Duggan '37: "To the Youth of America," by Franklin D. Roosevelt '04; John A. Sullivan, Jr. '38: "The Impeachment of Warren Hastings," by Edmund Burke; Edward O. Miller '37: Harvard Phi Beta Kappa Address, by Walter Lippman '09.

Roy M. Cohen '36; Selection from "John Brown's Body," by Stephen Vincent Benet; David P. McAllester'38: "The Congo," by Vachel Lindsay; Robert Dunn '37: "Justice,: by Kuo-Hsiang Wu; William H. Ledgard '36: "The Death of the Hired Man," by Robert Frost; Edwin K. Packard '37: Selection from "The Children's Crusade," by Marcel Schwob.

Robert Carlton Hall '36 will preside, and the three judges will be: the Reverend Charles Edwards Park, Minister of the First Church, Unitarian, in Boston; Henry W. Holmes '03, Dean of the Graduate School of Education; and Newell C. Maynard, professor of Public Speaking at Tufts College. Charles Towns end Copeland, Boylston Professor of Rhetoric and Oratory, emeritus, will be Honorary Judge.

The competition has been in progress since February 25, when all competitors had to submit their selections to Frederick C. Packard, Jr. '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking.