SPRAGUE WILL RESIGN TO ACCEPT PROFESSORSHIP AT BRYN MAWR COLLEGE

WILL JOIN ENGLISH DEPARTMENT THERE

Arthur Colby Sprague '21, assistant professor of English and tutor in the Department of Modern Languages, will leave Harvard in June to accept a professorship in the English Department at Bryn Mawr.

Professor Sprague entered Harvard in 1915 and served in France from 1917-1918. After the war he returned to the University and received an A.B. in 1921. The next year he was given an M.A. and in 1925 he got a Doctor's degree. In the following fall he became an instructor and tutor in English and published a book entitled "Beaumont and Fletcher on the Restoration Stage."

Six years ago he became an assistant professor. Professor Sprague has also been secretary of the English Department, for eight years chairman of the tutors in English, and for the past five years has been head tutor in the Department of Modern Languages.

Has Published Three Books

Professor Sprague has published two other books beside the one mentioned above. In 1930 and edition of "Samuel Daniel's Poem and a Defense of Ryme" appeared. Last year he wrote a book on "Shakespeare and the Audience".

While overseas Professor Sprague was cited for distinguished service in action when with the American First Division. He enlisted at first with the American Field Service as an ambulance driver.