Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the Crimson:.

In response to an inquiry at the Library of the Department of Sociology after the recent book by Sidney and Beatrice Webb, "Soviet Communism: a New Civilization?", the writer was informed that the work had not been ordered and was definitely not going to be acquired by that Library. The reason given was that this work was not sociology. It is hard to agree with this view of a book which was characterized in the "Saturday Review of Literature" by Harold Laski as follows: "No one is entitled to speak of Russia who has not read this book. It marks a definite epoch in the understanding of the greatest historical event since the French Revolution." Laski affirms this in spite of his severe criticism of the Webb' treatment of individual freedom in the Soviet Union.

One is driven to the conclusion that a censorship has been imposed in this Library to which Harvard has not hitherto been accustomed. Can it be that there is discord on the question of freedom of inquiry between University Hall and a certain section of Emerson Hall? Louis Harap, '28