REVERE RIDES AGAIN

All good Americans should turn up Monday evening for the rally of the Veterans of Future Wars. Not since the great Boston silversmith roused the expectant natives of Concord and Lexington from their beds has a more flaming challenge been given to New England youth.

Patriots Day this year finds a United States in which the most sacred traditions of our forefathers are being openly flouted in the streets. Red Russia, not content with poisoning the air of one-fourth the habitable globe, has sent her paid agents to our fair shores. Men like Commander Van Zandt, whom few deny to be in the open pay of Moscow, make defamatory remarks about the young men who are some day to fight the battles of this country. Gold Star Mothers, their poverty played upon by Stalin's ill-gotten gold, are bribed to denounce the beauteous virgins whose pilgrimage to Flander's Fields is their only pious desire.

America for the Americans! What meaning can such a shining manifesto have for the callous citizens who too long have listened to the deluding calls of the sirens! Reds are allowed to attack openly such venerable institutions as Wall Street itself, which was good enough for Alexander Hamilton and should be good enough for us. What have our weak, corrupt, immigration authorities to say about the presence in this country of Father Coughlin, the Canadian-born, the arch-alien, un-American Pied Piper, with his wicked song about a central bank? Soviet Russia has a central bank, and Josef Stalin cannot wait until similar Communistic chains are laid across the backs of free Americans.

Supine America needs to be reminded that it is only twenty miles across the Bering Straits from Red Siberia to Alaska. The young men of the country who some day will be called upon to defend the haven of liberty against the new Attila are asking little enough from an apparently ungrateful nation. Their demands must be met before it is too late.