Harvard Lampoon Claims The Crimson Endorsed Trump at Pennsylvania Rally

Mass. DCR to Begin $1.5 Million Safety Upgrades to Memorial Drive Monday

Sports

Harvard Football Topples No. 16/21 UNH in Bounce-Back Win

Sports

After Tough Loss at Brown, Harvard Football Looks to Keep Ivy Title Hopes Alive

Harvard’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions Increased by 2.3 Percentage Points in 2023

The Moviegoer

"Ecstasy" A Film of Direct Beauty and Power Though Badly Handled By the Censors

By S. M. R.

"The Story of Louis Pasteur" combines accuracy with shrewd selection that keeps an eye on dramatic values. The result is a most moving account of the career of the humbly great French chemist. Paul Muni, with admirable insight and restraint, and an efficient camouflage of synthetic whiskers, gives us the determination, perseverance, and kindliness of the pioneer warrior against man's microscopic foes. Josephine Hutchinson is equally good in the role of the sympathetic, self-effacing wife.

"The Lady Consents" means that Ann Harding consents to her husband, Herbert Marshal's running off with nasty, flinty Margaret Lindsay, and then consents to take him back. It isn't hard to understand Herbert's return; what requires the grain of salt is his defection in the first place. The dialogue in this picture is genuinely artistic, and so is the way it is said. One's skeptical crust is very likely to be pierced, with a resultant sympathy for the folly, fortitude, and final triumph.

Time Marches On to complete his twelfth trek for the movies. This month we learn about the salvation of the new-fangled fishermen of Boston and the old-fashioned fishermen of Gloucester through the retention of the anti-Canadian tariff; the contemplation by the French authorities of abandoning the penal camp in French Guiana (Devil's Island being the famous part) because of the new racket of facilitating escapes; and the psychological and social reasons for the recent militaristic coup in Japan.