CRIMSON BUSINESS COMPETITION GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

Freshmen and Sophomores Are Eligible for Busy Board--1939 Invited to Try Out for Photographic Board

Practical experience is notably of great value, and one working for the Business Board of the CRIMSON gets just that. The competition which opens at 7.30 tonight at the CRIMSON Building for Freshmen and Sophomores offers unlimited opportunities for energetic aspirants to a business career.

The competition invariably proves to be a process of absorption. Knowledge is gained unconsciously, and in the end one finds oneself well equipped to enter the business world with a feeling of confidence. There is perhaps no better way in college for one to obtain this same feeling than by entering such a competition as the Business Board offers.

No night work is required. The various jobs assigned to the candidates may easily be performed in the spare time during the day. The work consists mainly in obtaining advertising collecting bills, merchandising, and general office work. Plenty of opportunity is offered to get practice in dictating letters, and in other such things which will undoubtedly be invaluable to those who intend entering business.

The CRIMSON does thousands of dollars worth of business annually. The financial end of the CRIMSON is guided by the Business Manager, and he must necessarily make many decisions, and his position entails much fiscal responsibility.

Although the CRIMSON did not escape the depression, it weathered it in fairly reputable style. Now that business conditions are improving, the possibilities of large salaries are exceeding's bright. All active editors of the CRIMSON share in these salaries, which consist of 50 per cent of the profits divided in a method outlined by the constitution.

As mentioned before, the competition tonight for the Business Board is open to all Freshmen and Sophomores. They will also be at the same time a first meeting of a competitions for the photographic Board, which is however open only to Freshmen