The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

The Music Box

Symphony Hall Pops Continue to Delight Both Ear and Palate

From all reports, the season of "Pops" concerts now underway at Symphony Hall is a huge success. Capacity audiences composed of varying types of music-lovers, gourmets, and gourmands, are turning up each night; and the numerous charity an benefit evenings have proved highly satisfactory. Harvard Night went off very smoothly and is to be followed by a Radcliffe program on Wednesday. Mr. Fiedler, hard put to it to find music befitting the occasion, has nobly come forth with the new orchestral version of Professor Bill's Two Jazz Studies as well as a new work, "Pirates' Island", by Mabel Daniols.

The programs for the remainder of this week contain the usual diversions. As is customary, Sunday evening is devoted to more serious numbers and this week, there is to be a Schubert-Tchaikovsky-Wagner program with Elizabeth Travis as soloist in Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto. Surely, this is an occasion which romantically-minded souls should not miss. Monday evenings is gypsy night -- for the benefit, oddly enough, of the Peter Bent Brigham Hospital. The members of this worthy institution must have a craving for this type of music for every number on the program has a authentic gypsy flavor. Possibly, the management will make the evening complete by placing dark-skinned fortune-tellers in the lobby.

On Tuesday, Dai Buell is to be soloist in the Liszt Concerto for pianforte No. 1 in E flat major. Sibelius's symphonic poem, "Finlandia", will also be played.