TRACKSTERS HEAP LARGEST SCORE IN H-Y COMPETITION

Northrop Sets Record for 1500 Meters, Then Wins 800 Meter Run, Hall Tops High Jump Record

With the I.C.C.A.A.A.A. Meet rolling round next Saturday, the showing of the Varsity track team in the Stadium over the weekend, when they piled up the largest score that any team has ever amassed in Harvard-Yale competition, 91-44, was particularly heartening.

Outstanding among the upsets was Norm Cahner's triple when he ran ahead of Downer in the short dash, nipped Millett of Yale in the 200, and outthrew Loeb and Castle in the hammer throw.

Milt Green repeated in his triple without serious trouble, breaking the Meet record is the broadjump, and winning both hurdles. Al Northrop, brilliant sophomore, was another outstanding performer beating Wilbur Woodland in the 1500-meters after uncorking a grueling pace which bettered four minutes for a new meet record. Again in the 800-meters he stepped out to lead John Dorman and Dubie Brookings, his teammates, across the line by a scant margin.

Other feats which give Harvard men an excuse for optimism in the Intercollegiates was Dubiel's return to something like his last season's form when he cleared 13 feet in the pole, Bob Hall's showing in the high jump when he achieved what he has been shooting at for three years, a new Harvard record, and Bert Litman's win of the shot.

Millard, Johnson, and O'Connor accounted for the other Crimson wins' while Woodland of Yale in the 3000 gave Yale its only chance to smile.

At the same time it was announced by William J. Bingham '16, Chairman of the Olympic committee, that Randall's Island Stadium, would be the spot for the Olympic finals trails, that everyone is shooting for, and that the dates had been moved up a day to Saturday and Sunday, July 10 and 11. It is expected to be about the fastest track in the country when it is finally completed.