VARSITY NINE PASTES 13-8 LOSS ON TIGERS

ELEVENTH DEFEAT IN ROW FOR NASSAU TEAM BY CRIMSON

Playing below its earlier form, the Varsity baseball team was still good enough to beat Princeton 13-8 here Saturday. It was pitcher Ed Ingalls' fourth league victory and Harvard's eleventh straight win over the Tiger.

The visitors opened the scoring in the first. Ingalls, who had recurrent streaks of wildness all afternoon due in part to the high wind, walked three men and scored one with a wild pitch.

Coming back in the same frame the Crimson put over four runs on two passes, Braman Gibbs' hit through the second baseman and Al Colwell's third home run of the season, a blow near the foul line that got away from the left fielder.

From this point the home team was never headed and even allowed itself to make seven errors. In the fourth Princeton picked up two runs on Johnston's homer after a base on balls, and in the ninth put on a four run splurge culminated by pinch hitter Masset's drive. Like Johnston's smash, it went for a round trip by bouncing erratically past Gibbs' head.

The Crimson, meanwhile, was working steadily away at relief pitcher Dick Bell and finally splurged for four runs in the eighth on singles by Maguire, Adzigian, Prouty, Owen, and Colwell.

Individually the best play was the base running of Tiger Captain Bob French in the seventh. He went to second when Owen erred on his grounder and the outfield was slow retrieving the ball, and scored by beating the play home on Sandbach's grounder to deep short. ab  r  h  po  a  e Adizgian, 3b  4  2  2  1  1  1 Prouty, 1f  4  2  1  2  0  0 Bilodeau, ss  3  3  2  1  4  1 Owen, 2b  4  3  2  4  2  1 Gibbs, cf  5  1  2  4  0  1 Colwell, 1b  4  1  3  6  0  2 Tittmann, rf  5  0  1  0  1  0 Maguire, c  4  2  2  9  0  0 Ingalls, p  3  0  0  0  3  1   36  13  15  27  11  7