Program for "Freshman Week" Sept. 25 to Oct. 1

Friday, September 25

All Freshmen will register between 10 and 5 o'clock in Memorial Hall.

10 to 1 o'clock: Examination for exemption from English A, New Lecture Hall. Open only to those who did not take the College Board Examination in June.

6.30 o'clock: Buffet supper at Harvard Union. All Union activities are open to Commuters.

7.30 o'clock: Reception for all new students in Large Dining Hall of Union. Speakers will be Thomas N. Perkins '91, Fellow of Harvard College; the Reverend Dr. Willard Learoyd Sperry, Dean of the Divinity School; and Richard M. Gummere, Chairman of the Committee on Admission. Dean Leighton will preside.

Saturday, September 26

8.45 o'clock: Short service in Memorial Chapel conducted by Dean Sperry.

9 o'clock: New students are required to attend a meeting in the New Lecture Hall, at which various matters concerning the choice of studies will be discussed. Dean Hanford, Walter B. Briggs, Assistant Librarian of Widener, and Dean Leighton will speak.

10 o'clock: Each Freshman should report to his Adviser at this hour with his study card. This card, properly filled out, should then be handed in at C University Hall. A fine of $5 is charged for study cards submitted after 5 o'clock Monday.

2 to 4 o'clock: Examinations in Reading French and German, New Lecture Hall.

8 o'clock: Meeting in Union. Speakers: William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics; Kendric N. Marshall '21, Secretary of the Union; Henry Lamar, Freshman Football Coach; James J. Gaffney, Jr. '37, Football Captain.

Sunday, September 27

11 o'clock: Special service for new students in Memorial Chapel. Dean Sperry will preach.

Monday, September 28

8.45 to 9 o'clock: Daily service in Memorial Chapel.

11 to 1; 2 to 4 o'clock: Conferences with Advisers.

12 o'clock: Preliminary meeting of English 1 for Freshmen in New Lecture Hall.

4 o'clock: Preliminary meeting of English A in New Lecture Hall.

7.30 o'clock: Annual Reception of Phillips Brooks House Association, Phillips Brooks House. Speakers: leaders of various undergraduate extra - curricular activities. Music and refreshments.

Tuesday, September 29

8.45 to 9 o'clock: Daily chapel.

12 o'clock: Preliminary meeting of German A in New Lecture Hall.

2 o'clock: Physical Training and Department of Hygiene announcements in New Lecture Hall. Attendance of all Freshmen required.

4 o'clock: Preliminary meeting of French E in New Lecture Hall.

Wednesday, September 30

Thursday, October 1

First regular meetings of all courses under the Faculty of Arts and Sciences are held on these days at the hours and places indicated in a notice given to students at registration.