Opportunity to Vent Spleen, Use Heads Offered by Editorial Board Competition

Sophomores Compete for Editorial, Business, Photographic Boards Starting Wednesday

Competitions for Sophomores for the Photographic and Business Boards will also open Wednesday. These will be described in tomorrow's and Wednesday's issue.

All members of the Class of 1939 who have ever felt the urge to walk out of dull lecture, to suggest that more than one copy of a book assigned in a course of two hundred should be kept at the desk in Widener, to laugh at the strange names under which the most ordinary of ordinary foods sometimes masquerade on dining hall menus, to improve the method of scholarship assignments, House applications, or of changing tutors, to ask the Deans just why, or why not, to examine the interesting methods of any or of all the University's activities, to support or condemn Students Leagues, Unions, Democracies, Societies, or Associations, to discover rare and little known secretaries in obscure offices, to call upon full professors in their most beautiful red silk pajamas and have them like it, or, sometimes, dislike it--in short to examine with more or less impunity whatever takes one's fancy or irks the sense of justice: all such should drop in on Wednesday night at the CRIMSON building and consider entering the editorial competition beginning on that date.

Wednesday evening at 7.30 o'clock the first Sophomore competition for the editorial board will be thrown open to all members of the Class of 1939 who have any spark of latent interest in writing or in the University as a whole. The competition will last eight weeks or until the candidate has satisfied the present editorial writers of his ability; that is, if a candidate hands in a sufficient amount of good material in three weeks, he will be taken on the board instead of having to compete for the full eight.

Besides writing on college and national subjects, or upon anything the candidate thinks is of sufficient interest to be read, the reviewing of movies, plays and books, usually reserved for editors, is sometimes given to candidates who show abilities along such lines. Two free tickets or the book in question are the reward for such labors.

All positions for the Class of '39 on the news board were filled last year. There will therefore be no news competition held for Sophomores.