Dick Harlow Definitely Decides To Remain Football Coach Here

Approached Three Times by Alma Mater But Will Remain At His Unfinished Job Here

Dick Harlow will definitely stay at Harvard as coach of football it was revealed by unimpeachable sources close to him, in spite of the attractive and lucrative offers made to him by Penn State.

Harlow was approached three times by officials of the Pennsylvania University, the final offer being that he become dean of the School of Physical Education, but Harlow has finally decided that he will stick with the football team which he has been developing for two years now.

It is b lieved that Penn State offered Harlow $8,000, while he received about $12,000 as football coach here; however, the State College position would be considerably more secure.

Harlow is in the unique position of having teams which have not won major games in two years and yet maintaining the full support of alumni and student body. Although received in some quarters with a rather chill reception when he first came here, there is apparently no influential group in or connected with Harvard which is not enthusiastically behind him now.

Low point in the season last year came after the game with West Point when Harlow appeared definitely discouraged in the press conference after the game, but after that the team went on to tie Princeton and lose to Yale only by the margin of a point after touchdown. Harlow and his staff at the conclusion of the season spoke very optimistically of the prospects for the 1938 season.

Juniors in college have yet to see their team win a major game, but hopes among team members, and coaching staff, undergraduates, and alumni are that 1938 will see the turn of the dismal fortunes of the team.