JOSEPH EASTMAN WILL SPEAK AT LAW SCHOOL

Will Talk Today on "Administration of Interstate Commerce Commission" at 8 O'Clock

Joseph B. Eastman, member of the Interstate Commerce Commission, and formerly Federal Coordinator of Transportation, will speak in the Langdell Hall Courtroom this Thursday at 8 o'clock, it was announced yesterday.

He will talk on the "Administration of the Interstate Commerce Commission," and is to be introduced by James A. McLaughlin. A dinner at the Lincoln Inn is planned in Eastman's honor, and it will be attended by five professors and several students, including the Law School Committee.

Eastman has been a member of the I.C.C. since 1919, when President Wilson appointed him to that body. Two Republican presidents, Harding and Hoover, re-appointed him when his term expired. In June, 1935, he was appointed Federal Coordinator of Transportation by Roosevelt, a position which he held until recently.

The first speaker in the series of lectures at Langdell Hall was James M. Landis, new Dean of the Law School. Eastman will deliver the second address, and it is hoped that Mauley O. Hudson, Remis Professor of Law and member of the World Court. Jerome N. Frank, and Harold Egski will speak at some future date.