‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

The Moviegoer

"One in a Million" and "Man of Affairs" Provide Average Entertainment For Tired Minds

By T. H. C.

Sonja Henie in one ballet costume after another, Sonja Henie dancing on ice with an elaborate troupe of chorus boys and girls waltzing in the background, Sonja Henie executing the most difficult dips and turns with the greatest of ease--all go to make up "One in a Million." Although there is a fairly talented supporting cast, Miss Henie gets along quite well in her own right. The story is slim, with a half-hearted love interest (Don Ameche vs. La Henie) cropping up from time to time, but so passive is it that it never interferes with the principal interest: Sonja Henie on the ice.

The companion picture, "Man of Affairs", is a better than average English comedy which depends entirely upon the suave acting of George Arliss to pull it through. Despite the hammy aroma clinging to the supporting cast, Mr. Arliss turns in one of his best performances in light comedy to date. The two juveniles who play at young love are typically English, laboring under the national delusion that the best way to put your lines across is to talk as rapidly and unintelligibly as possible. Arliss admirers will enjoy this picture notwithstanding.